Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not much, but some...

I saved my first post as a draft for a while, thinking that the post date would be based on...well...when I actually POSTED the entry. Not so apparently...

So since my first post appeared out of date as soon as it went up, I thought I should reward everyone that just received my email with an "up to the minute" post.

I changed the subtitle of the blog - just seemed to fit a little better. If you care either way, let me know (though I'm guessing most of you don't).

As for new work - I'm getting there - edited a bunch of film late last week, so now I just need some awesome scans from my pal Tom and we'll be on a roll. Get it?- film, roll, etc. Ok, give me a break, I've been working the day job 15-16 hours a day and have been sick for over 3 weeks. Sense of humor kinda sucks right now.

Ok, onto some things I've been peeking at. Firstly, I'm loving this new site I found called "20 x 200." Those of you who collect art, but don't want to blow all your dough on it- this is the place for you. I'll let you explore the site for yourselves, but 3 words sums it up: "quality work for $20.00" Well, 3 words and a number...

http://www.20x200.com/

Of course, you can spend $2000.00 there as well on a piece. The business model has received a lot of write-ups lately. Not saying I agree with it entirely, but still quite interesting. And, I've seen some good work up there.

Shifting gears slightly, I saw some work by an artist that absolutely blew me away - and those who know me well understand I don't say this too often. The guy's name is Don Gregorio Antón - and his work was exhibited at Light Work at Syracuse University back in March. But, the exhibition was published in the April 1, 2008 issue of "Contact Sheet" (#145) - and I would definitely try to lay your hands on a copy. Well worth it, I assure you.

That's the latest news for now. Gonna go sit in the tub and try to steam all this gunk out of my sinuses (yummy - right?). Hope everyone is well.

-Marc

No comments: