Sunday, May 2, 2010

Something New, Something Borrowed

Hi all:

I want to start out by professing my undying love for Wegmans. Seriously, I could live here. Great food, friendly folks, free wi-fi, and of course, great grocery shopping. The one I'm at even has a raw baw and free family movie nights on Mondays. What else do you need? I know - all that's lacking is good beer and wine, right? Well, they have that too!

Blogging music today is The Maccabees - a band out of the UK that I've actually liked for many years - but never picked-up one of their albums (they have 2). I actually discovered them when I saw them open for Bloc Party a few years ago in Philadelphia. Good stuff.


Well, let's get right to the chase - I've got a new image to show y'all. When I was deciding which new digital camera to pick up, I played with my father-in-law's pocket Lumix point-and-shoot. And though I didn't end up buying the same camera, it's a very snappy little camera. I shot this out the back door of my in-law's kitchen. The shot shows the neighboring house...and I'm kinda likin' it.



A little bit like some of my earlier work I think. If anyone is actually still reading this after my lengthy furlough, let me know what you think.

Still need to work on more image files - I hope to get to some of that this week. Definitely gettin' a little stir-crazy...the time has come to push a few more final images to the website. Gotta get some new work posted before I start shopping around again.

In closing, I ran across a new photographer named Alan Lambe. He does some interesting low-fi work with plastic and basic cameras...the site is in flash, so I can't post an example, but you can check out his site here:

http://www.lofiimage.com/


Happy end to everyone's weekend! More soon!


-Marc

1 comment:

Cari said...

I like this one Marc. It's intimate and somehow lonely. Does it have a title yet?