Sunday, October 25, 2009

On The Post

Hi all:

Firstly, I want you all to know that even after a couple of beers and a weekend of unbelievable sports misery for yours truly, I made a special stop at Buzz Bakery to get y'all a blog entry. I know it's been a couple of weeks, and I thought I'd touch base.

No blogging music today - forgot my headphones at work and I don't think my neighbors on this picnic-style table want me to share my musical tastes with them. I mean, maybe they do, but I'm guessing not.

Things have been a little crazy lately. A couple of weeks ago, I was in 4 states in less than 1 week. Planes, trains and automobiles (seriously, all 3), and for a while, I wasn't sure where I was, what time it was, etc. I'm still a bit sleep-deprived and feel like I'm coming down with something. Actually, I'm surprised it's taken this long...just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The major contributor to my lack of free time has been Ara Lucia's "We Vow" project, for which I am now starting to know wrap up post-production. Supervising the retouching and color work on this project has been quite an experience, and of course, I've been asked to contribute in some other ways too. I think Ara is pleased with the way things are going, and I'm glad that all the work we've put in seems to be yielding some strong results. Mike (the retoucher) and Ara are considerably more sleep deprived than I - and they've been great throughout the whole process. It isn't easy for someone to spend 12 hours working on something, then call someone and have them say "we're not there yet - we need to do more." I feel like an asshole at times, but they've been great. It's so unusual to have a team this supportive and dedicated, and I know Ara is thankful.

I move out of my friends' place and into my new apartment in Leesburg on Wednesday. It's been a bit of a whirlwind - selling the house (had some issues towards the end there, but everything worked out), the apartment, work, side projects - craziness! I ain't 22 anymore, and my body is really beginning to remind me of that.

No real fine art news to report - I've had to put some of my own stuff on-hold until after both the move and the conclusion of "We Vow." But, I'm anxious to get started and am optimistic that this latest roll of film will yield one or two worthwhile pieces.

In the meantime, enjoy what's left of your fall. It's my favorite time of year and it never seems to last long enough. So, go outside and play!

-Marc

No comments: