Friday, August 14, 2009

The Beginning of My Migration

Hi all:

No blogging music today - I'm writing this post from home, the kids are sleeping, and my wife has the hard drive with all my music on it. So, a little peaceful blogging today - but the subject matter of today's entry is anything but peaceful.

That isn't to say that the news is bad - it is in fact quite positive. In my last post, I alluded to some major news that I was waiting for the right moment to reveal. Well, my friends, here's the scoop:

After 9 months of "day job" unemployment, I'm starting a new role on August 24th...in Washington, DC. Northern Virginia to be more specific - and this of course means that, yes, I'm moving on out to "The Commonwealth." I say "I", rather than "we" because, although the family will of course be there eventually, I'm heading out on my own to get started and will be staying with my pal Rachael and her family until the house sells (or until it becomes impractical to be separated any longer). Due to some prior commitments, I'll be seeing the fam, or a portion thereof, almost every weekend through the month of September. Lots of driving and flights in my future...

Some of you may ask - how will this affect the blog, the art career, etc? Well, regarding the art career, I may need to take a little time off right at the beginning, but I fully plan to continue crankin' out the work. My house will become my "4 hours away studio," and I hope to do at least some art every weekend that I'm back in PA. As for the blog, the beauty of the web is that I can do this from anywhere. I may not have a ton of new work to show right away, but I'll be using this as a vehicle to keep everyone posted on things.

Throughout the past 9 months, DC wasn't even on my radar. But, now that it's happened, I think it will be a really good fit. Great culture, great schools, friends and family around - and it is relatively close to the Lehigh Valley, so we can keep up the relationships we've made here. It actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Not much else going on at the moment - this news seems to be pushing everything else to the periphery right now. But, I can't leave you without passing on some tasty art inspiration. So, I'm including a link to an artist I'm diggin' big time at the moment. His name is James Feehan - a Pennsylvania artist whose work I find to be a nice mix of "old and new." He draws on a variety of different styles, but everything has this contemporary touch that I just love. Oh, and his wife Susan Roseman is pretty darn good too!

www.rosemoonstudios.com

Enjoy your weekend - more next week I'm sure.

-Marc

No comments: