Friday, May 22, 2009

Movin' On Up (to Hudson)

Hi everyone:

Blogging music today - INXS. I've always been a fan (well, since "Listen Like Thieves" anyway), but I never truly appreciated Michael Hutchence's voice until after he was gone. I remember hearing Bono describe it like a six (or was it 12) string guitar...just a perfectly sincere tone.

I'm a bit exhausted at the moment and am leaving tomorrow AM with the family to go see friends in DC. So, let's get right to it...

You're probably noticing that I didn't get to the print I had mentioned in my last post. I am still working with the image, but some other things came up this week that took precedence - one of them being a cortizone shot in my wrist, which obviously complicated the whole manual labor thing. And make no mistake - this process is manual labor. It's feeling fine now though - thanks for asking!

The other hurdle that came up was a pleasant one - the art dealer I mentioned a few posts back decided to take some of my work to a high-end design studio in Hudson, NY. When we first chatted, he said he thought my work would fit in nicely with their vibe - and from what I've seen, I totally agree. But you can judge for yourself - http://foleyandcoxhome.com/ ( click on the "home"box). The work won't get there until next week, but you can check out the other stuff they have going on.

Now that we are officially working together, I can reveal the identity of this masked dealer of the night. His name is Ken Jones Jr. - based out of Easton, PA. A great guy with excellent taste (obviously), and in addition to his art dealer/consulting business, he and his partner Ron own a gallery called Mercantile Home - (www.mercantilehome.com/HOME.html). Every time I'm in there, I seem to walk out with something. It's a small, intimate space, but they always manage to have something for everyone in there.

Anyway, we're gonna start with 2 pieces - 'Descent' and 'Acquiescence' and see what happens ( probably more in July). Both of them are on my site (http://www.sirinsky.com/), and we went with them because they were already framed. But, I needed to do some tweaking to the matting on these in record time, which turned into a total fiasco, resulting in a week sans printing.

No visual aids today ladies and gents - I'll make up for it on the next one. Enjoy your holiday everyone!


-Marc

No comments: